The Oncology Programme is specifically designed to actively empower patients. Participants on this programme generally have a more positive attitude and approach to treating their condition and improving general wellness. This positive attitude often translates into improved treatment compliance and a healthier lifestyle, which can make a real difference in the way patients respond to treatment and your general quality of life.
The programme offers direct access to a specialised oncology care coach. The care coach will work closely with the patient the doctor and the oncologist to ensure co-ordinated care.
The programme offers direct access to a specialised oncology care coach. The care coach will work closely with the patient the doctor and the oncologist to ensure coordinated care.
Benefits of a Care Coach
- Pre-authorise on oncology treatment and referral to an oncology medical advisor for evaluation.
- Where necessary, draw on the support of a specialised clinical team, which includes independent advisors and experts from the South African Oncology Consortium (SAOC) and ISIMO Health.
- Work with all healthcare providers involved in treatment, to ensure coordinated hassle-free care.
- To encourage a healthy lifestyle and assess medication against regularly updated treatment guidelines and protocols.
Most types of cancer are covered under prescribed minimum benefits (PMB's), this offers complete coverage as long as it complies with legislation. The Care Coach can advise on these requirements.
For non-PMB's the care coach can advise on usage of medical benefits.
Tell us about Planned Cancer Treatment
1Download the South African Oncology Consortium (SAOC) application form
2Print out and complete the patient details and medical scheme details section
3Get your doctor or oncologist to complete the rest of the form.
4Once the treatment plan is approved, the oncology care coach will inform your doctor.
- Breast cancer patient information
- Cervical cancer patient information
- Chemotherapy patient information
- Chemotherapy side effects patient information
- Colorectal cancer patient information
- Lung cancer patient information
- Prostate cancer patient information
- Radiotherapy patient information
- Radiotherapy side effects patient information